Monday, August 15, 2011

Back To The Drawing Bored

The rest of the week after going out with Andrew, we talked every night on the phone or texted while he was at work. I started thinking of the few guys I had been out with that I had doubts about because they gave off a “I’m disinterested and can’t be bothered” vibe, but that we actually ended up hitting it off, and their personalities calmed a little. Andrew fell right into that category, and I was excited to go out with him again to get to know him better. We had plans for Saturday, but I realized Thursday and Friday I was the one who always initiated contact. Yes, it was at that stupid point when you have to keep a tally of how many times you’ve called or texted first. Saturday, I decided I’d let him be the one to start it off, and if I didn’t hear from him, then clearly he wasn’t interested. ______________. That’s representing the silence that came when there should’ve been a phone call.

Instead of waiting around for him, I worked on the tan with a friend, and we concocted a message to send to Andrew in order to elicit a response that may explain what had happened. “Hey, if you wanna do something later today, let me know.” Just a few minutes later he responded.  “I came home to New York this weekend.”  I turned to my friend and laughed because these guys I was finding were all a joke. I wrote back, “Oh, funny, I thought we were hanging out today.” If it’s not a match then that’s not an issue.  I was still perplexed, though, as to why a guy will initiate a second date and then suddenly bail out. I gave it maybe two seconds of thought and then turned up my music player. I'm starting to get a little bored with this whole process. It always ends up the same (in failure) and it's getting tough to keep going when there's this overlying feeling that it's just never ever gonna work out. I'm bored of having to tell my same funny stories, make my same funny jokes, wear my same date outfits, and go to the same bars for dates. BUT I still have weeks left on my match subscription AND I still have time for some summer playtime. So, with that, I may as well keep it open, but try and change things up a little.  

No comments:

Post a Comment