Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Man's Man--Literally?

I had seen Derek’s profile before, like months before.  It was possible a wink had been sent between us, but I couldn’t remember much more than that.  This time I had an email waiting from him.  I clicked on his picture and read up on him.  He seems great; why did I never go for him before? From his pictures and profiles, it seemed that he was successful, cared about his appearance, and didn’t want to play games.  We emailed a couple times and settled on a day to get together for lunch. Derek was really nice, and I don’t mean in that sad way that he had nothing else going for him.  He was genuinely nice, respectful, well-spoken, and well-mannered.  We talked the whole time, and I loved learning about Derek’s successes in life, but he was also really open about sharing his failures, too. This was a good date.  Derek was a gentleman, I learned a lot from him, and felt an amount of respect and proper attention I hadn’t received from a guy in a long time. Or ever. Derek and I hugged good-bye with talk of getting together again. 

It was bound to happen at some point, right?  I’ve dated almost the entire Match.com crowd, and I should’ve expected that there would be a closet gay mixed in.  I’m pretty sure he undressed me with his eyes and then he dressed me back up in a way better outfit.  The feeling I got was that this man was hiding the truth, and neither of us made any attempt to contact the other.  Of course the good one has to be gay. Lucky man whoever ends up with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment