Monday, December 27, 2010

Man, I Cured My Losing Streak!


I didn’t want to see Mike anymore because even though he was nice, I was hoping for more of a connection with someone. I hesitated to go out with Jeff, the next one, because the emails were just okay. He didn’t seem super pumped to meet so I took it all in stride. I didn’t really have any hopes for anything to come of it; I figured at the least I’d be able to get a good buzz when we met for drinks. Jeff was pretty. He was still masculine, but it was clear he cared A LOT about his looks. I almost mistook him for someone from Jersey. Even though I had been to this bar before, construction was happening and roads were blocked so I ended up being late. I felt really bad to keep him waiting, but it actually lightened the mood I think. Right as I stepped out of my car he was already making fun and joking. The night only got better from there. Our attitudes and personalities were very similar—we are both very blunt and we like to joke around. The best part of the evening came when Jeff was talking about how he likes girls who take care of themselves—fit, dress nicely, and have manicured nails. What? That’s what you care about? Nails? I hid my boy nails under the bar, but he could see I was laughing about something. I showed him my nails, and he seemed a bit disappointed, but I guess I scored enough points with my other qualities. We left that night agreeing that we would see each other the next day.

We’ve seen each other a few times now and there is more of a connection with Jeff than I have had with someone in a looooong time. While we do have fun together and things are moving nicely, there’s one thing that I’m not sure how to take…he tells me about the girls that still “talk” to him on match. I do actually find it entertaining, learning what the girls say to him and what a guy’s reaction to it is, and I also understand that match is open for dating. It’s an issue you’ve gotta be prepared for. If Jeff and I aren’t really exclusive, then there’s not much I can say. The only thing I told him is that now, after a couple weeks, I don’t want to hear about the other girls anymore. He understood so that should eliminate the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment