Sunday, March 20, 2011

39 Going On 30

Date #1 went really well with Vince last weekend. We got together for a drink early Saturday evening, and the interest was there right away from both of us. One of the first things he said to me was, “You look exactly like your pictures.” Good thing I hope? I figured it was otherwise he wouldn’t be there if he didn’t like the pictures. He, like some of the other guys, commented that many of the girls are deceptive with their photos. Ladies, STOP doing this! Give the guy a little credit, he’s gonna notice that you’re ___+ pounds heavier in real life so posting only head shots isn’t gonna work out well. Anyway, back to the wedded bliss I found myself in. The date was great. We talked as if we had known each other for longer than just an hour, and questions were asked by both of us, showing there was a mutual interest. Vince was nice, smart, calm and not annoying, didn’t talk too much, had a good job, and the physical attraction was definitely there. After our drink, he asked if I wanted to get a cup of coffee. The place we met was in the mall, so like a couple middle schoolers, we walked around the mall looking for a Starbucks.

We found our caffeine and a comfy place to sit and continued conversation. It came out that I do look toward the future and getting married and kids and all that. Scarf wearer must’ve passed the torch of “Let’s give this girl brotherly advice so she loses interest in us” to Vince because he started getting into this whole thing about how I’ll find the person, and I shouldn’t settle, and all the stuff I’ve heard before, but don’t really want to hear it from my match date. He explained that he likes women who are mostly 30 and under because he wants kids and has a young spirit, but finds that women beyond 30 don’t fit him. Ok. My turn. I had to connect our conversations here. He doesn’t want someone “older” even though he is “older,” and I, as a 26 year old, shouldn’t be worried or rushed to find someone? Uhhh, did he hear himself? “Based off of what you just told me, that makes me feel even worse. You’re 39 and even you won’t take someone over 30, so when I get to be over 30, if I’m still single, I’ll be competing with the 25 year olds. I’ll never win. So, how am I supposed to not feel rushed?” My dad was right, I should’ve been a lawyer. He didn’t have much to say to that, and even though it got a little dicey for those few minutes, we were still fully interested in each other. We parked near each other so we walked out together and left the night with a hug and kiss on the cheek. We also half laid out plans to get together later in the week which will actually be tonight. We’ve kept in touch during the week with phone calls and texts so date #2 has been much anticipated!

No comments:

Post a Comment