Friday, March 25, 2011

Older, But Not Wiser

Vince was just as great during date #2 as he was with the first one. Since he lives in Maryland, it was easier for us to meet halfway so we, again, found ourselves at the site of our first date—the mall. We had dinner and drinks, pretty typical so far. I guess you don’t get to the fun stuff ‘til the third date. Conversation was good, and he seemed like a genuine, thoughtful guy. Finally. It’s about darn time one of them decided to show up! Throughout dinner I kept asking myself if I could really end up with someone, not old, because 39 really isn’t old, but I guess that much older than me. I think I’m fairly mature for my age, but who knows when you compare it to nearly 40. I wondered if we’d be able to really connect, to have common interests and viewpoints or perceptions. I liked the idea that he was a take charge type of guy, and I didn’t mind following his lead. Starting a family was in his mind which was a major plus. And with the years tickin’ by for him, I felt pretty good thinking that he wouldn’t be dilly dallying forever. We left that date parting ways in front of The North Face store with a kiss on the cheek and a “We’ll talk this week to figure out when we can see each other. Send me a message so I know you got home,” from Vince.

A couple days later we talked about when we’d get together again. He was possibly going to be going back home to New Jersey the upcoming weekend, but he said he’d let me know in a couple days once he decides so we can make plans around it. I waited. And I waited. Andddd I waited. Did I write those words in another blog yet? I wouldn’t be surprised if I did. Why do these guys insist on making us wait? Be considerate and call, whether it’s good news or bad. Contact was finally made at the end of the weekend, and I learned that he had gone home to New Jersey. Well that’s just great; a little notice would’ve been nice. He may have a few years on me, but apparently he never learned how to treat a lady. I’ve already learned to move on. See ya, Vince!

No comments:

Post a Comment