Thursday, June 9, 2011

Which. Is. Worse?

After a couple days back on match, I’ve read some interesting emails and profiles—some good, some bad. Here is one more TRP for your enjoyment, and the writing below that is an actual email I received (the poor fellow’s name has been changed).


FAIRFAX. RESIDENT 2011. (His headline. What does this even mean? And it already tells us in your profile where you’re from. This is what you’re using to attract women?)

ABOUT HIM & WHO HE'S LOOKING FOR

Down. to. earth. type. guy. am. youngest. of. 5. so. I had. an. interesting upbringing. was. raised. in. Tampa. bay. area. im. very. easy going polite and love to have good time when able. Relaxing. is. good as well Dont have all the answers for this just that I no theres always room. for happiness.

It’s hard to not read the above posting without stopping at every period. Well, maybe only good readers do that because we KNOW that when there’s a period, you have to pause for a breath. Let’s cut this guy some slack and say that his keyboard went crazy and inserted periods everywhere. He doesn’t mention anywhere, “Hey, technical difficulties, I swear I know how to type.”  Now, you’ve just had to stop reading just about every second. Take a deeeeep breath and read the one below…

I don't know how to start my conversation with you or how to tell you about my self but I will try 
My name is jim I am 6'2 brown eyes brown hair good looking man looking for a wonderful woman to enjoy life with it is very important to be able to communicate with and if you are the one I am looking for than you can ask me any thing and I will be more than happy to answer you with all my heart thank you for reading my letter yours jim

I know, is your heart pounding with anxiety that you thought you’d run out of breath? Jim says I can ask him anything. Should I be mean and ask him why he doesn’t know how to make complete sentences? There's always that chance that some guys like this are on match just to joke around and maybe see what happens if they pull stunts like this, but I don't know...reading some other things they had written just makes me think they honestly don't know any better. So sad. Maybe these two guys need to combine forces and they’ll come up with an appropriately sentenced writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment