Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Batter Shape Up

My one month subscription ended at the perfect time because get this: I actually met someone, and I’ve seen him more than once. It’s hard to believe, and I’m a bit in shock over it, too. Since the first letter of names are now starting to repeat, I’ll have to assign these guys fake names. Let’s go with Eric. He’s super tall (yay!) and has dark hair (double yay!). He’s originally from this area; went to snobby Langley HS, but he seems pretty down to earth. Maybe that’s because his parents didn’t give him a total free ride, and he puts in hard work with his government job. We met up at a bar in Fairfax, and the night went well. We had a couple debates which was fun, and he didn’t hold back on saying what he really thought. A few days later, we thought it made sense for him to meet my parents. Really, though, he was picking me up to go to a Nationals’ game so he met them for a nanosecond. Thank goodness it was quick, too, because I wanted to lay the smackdown and tell him to shape up. He was so unenergized when he met them; he barely made eye contact and seemed like he didn’t care. Not the best first impression ever but I didn’t say anything even though it’s still in the back of my mind. All my dad could come away with saying to Eric was, “wow, you’re tall.” Nice one, dad. Way to pick up on the obvious.


The traffic gods smiled on us and we made it to the ballpark without any delays. Even luckier, we found some random street parking nearby and although I feared a)being mugged in the neighborhood and b) that his fairly expensive car would be stolen, I was pretty pumped to be at another baseball game. We nearly scalped some tickets from a couple wandering around, but decided to just buy them the old fashioned way. My seats with J were definitely way better, but who’s comparing? The game was fun and Eric is very easy company. On the way home, he found enjoyment in driving extremely fast. He ignored my screams (maybe shrieks) to slow down, and instead told me to notice how the sides of the back part of the seats really hold me in place. Yeah, when you kill me with your speeding, I’m sure I’m really gonna be impressed with your seats. I think he tired of hearing me yell at him, so he stopped drag racing the car next to us and drove a bit more responsibly the rest of the way home. I’ll be hanging out with him this week and hopefully he doesn’t try to impress me with his Fast and the Furious skills again.

No comments:

Post a Comment