Monday, September 20, 2010

Snack Attack

Eric and I are trucking along pretty nicely. We talk everyday, but it’s not long drawn out conversations because we’re also actually spending time together. I’ve been going over there, a couple times right after school, which is good because I get to see him but then I can also claim that it’s a “school night” so I have to leave. I need to keep my distance; it’s the way I operate and what I’m comfortable with. One of our big outings was this weekend when we went to the Silver Diner for a late night snack. I got chicken noodle soup and he got a salad. Really? A salad? I’m sorry, I thought you were a guy. I can honestly say, out of all the guys I’ve ever eaten with—college friends, high school friends, cousins, uncles, dates—not ONE of them has ever ordered a salad unless it just came with the meal; a meal like steak and potatoes. What real men eat. So as if him ordering a salad wasn’t throwing my mind into a tizzy, he started commenting that my chicken noodle soup wasn’t actually that healthy for me. “It has sooo much sodium, there’s just not much nutritional value for you,” he lectured me. Now, if I wouldn’t run the risk of getting sued, I would post a picture of him right here. And then I’d post a full body picture of myself, and you all can vote on who should be giving out the health advice.

My little cup of soup spawned a monologue of Eric’s hardbody dreams. He declared he was going to get his body back into “lean” shape so he’ll be “hot.” I wanted to laugh. In his face. And point my finger at him. Along with the salad, Eric also claimed another first this evening. He was the first guy I’ve heard use the word “hot” to describe how he wants to look. I spooned every last bit of my zero nutrional value chicken noodle soup in order to keep my mouth busy so I wouldn’t call him a dbag. We survived our Silver Diner excursion, and even though my mind is drawn to the negatives, I do have to say that spending time with Eric is pretty effortless. We are both blunt with each other and very open, and he does have a caring nature to him. A couple times after school, the weather has been really nice so we’ve gone for walks around his neighborhood. It was nice for a change; instead of talking over alcohol at a crowded bar, we were enjoying the fall weather, having good conversation, and getting a tad bit of exercise. You know, so Eric can get his “lean” and “hot” body.

No comments:

Post a Comment