Friday, November 11, 2011

MissMatch Has Been Mismatched Too Many Times

It's been almost a week since the Jerm has been gone. I haven't started up with match because at this point, I'm kind of over it. Plus, a friend of mine is playing matchmaker and wants to set me up with a friend of hers. So, in the mean time, I will be blogging about whatever online dating topics come to mind. This may even lead to posts about dating in general. Also, if YOU have a fabulous online dating story please send it my way and I will gladly post it for you.


Today's entertainment comes from 11 gentlemen suitors who need a little help with the suiting part. And I'm not sure how gentlemanly they are either. Below you will find what appears in my inbox on match:
Hey, how's it going?              Hey gorgeous :)              i would like to get to know u                    
Hello Beautiful                       How are you?                 How are you ?
Hey, how's it going?              Hey cutiepie how are you?                 I'm Scott. How are you?
How are you? How's your week going?                     What's up sweetheart, how are you?


Well, what fun we had with that! I've been doing this match.com thing long enough that I usually ignore emails like that. Really, what do the guys expect? I can answer them with “fine”or "hi" or "really? why would you like to get to know me?" and then where does that leave us? I’m not here to be your pen pal, I’d like to meet you ASAP if I actually “like” you. The one liners are a waste of time, and telling me I’m pretty isn’t gonna get you far. Read my words and acknowledge them. Ok, so back to the joys of attempting to set these guys straight. I sent an email to each of them that said: Hi, there, ~While I don’t know if you’ve been successful with your previous emails for online dating, I’d like to offer a simple suggestion for sending the initial email: Use your words to show the girl that you’ve read her profile. Find some common ground or ask her questions. Including your name would also be an important step. Good luck in your search! 


I actually heard back from about half of them with many thanks and questions for more advice. They apologized, appreciated me taking the time to help them, and a couple of them even asked for guidance in building their profiles and crafting the first email. Do I sense a business venture coming up?     

No comments:

Post a Comment