Monday, January 31, 2011

Cop A Feel

The same night of my coffee date with Jared, I went out with someone else I had been communicating with. I actually had two guys I was communicating with, and I was leaning more towards Nick than Daniel, but my friends were pushing me to pursue Daniel harder. I trusted myself more than my friends because they just thought Daniel was cuter, but I was more attracted to Nick, and I wanted to go out with both of them. So, that’s what I did. Or at least I tried to do that. Nick had to cancel at almost the last minute when we were supposed to go out a few days ago. He said he would be in touch to try again. Yeah, whatever. I’m not waiting around for an “I’ll be in touch.” So Daniel actually followed through with his scheduled time, and we met for some drinks. If I felt like I had lost my alcohol tolerance after college, it’s definitely increasing again thanks to all these dates. Daniel’s a cop (I think this is probably the fifth cop I’ve dated…I completely buy into the claim that there’s a special connection between teachers and cops!), he has a southern accent from his home in North Carolina, and he just looks like an All-American guy—tall, broad, blond hair, blue eyes—not really what I usually would be drawn to, but the thing that got me with him was that he called. Yes, not just typed some words, he picked up the phone and spoke to me. It was nice to hear the voice before I actually met the guy.

I love now that after so many dates, I never get nervous. Only slightly, but I pop a piece of gum in my mouth and the nerves go away quickly. When I got to the bar I knew he was already inside, but I stood near the front door trying to find him. I heard my name and felt a hand on my waist in a sweet, protective way. I turned and saw Daniel was the one touching me. He was yummy, and I’ll never forget the way he smiled as he bent down to hug me. “Sorry, I hope I didn’t scare you, I saw you looking confused trying to find me so I thought I’d come get you,” he said. He was nicer than I expected, maybe I mean more genuine. His emails and phone conversations were fine, but I wasn’t getting a clear read on him until we met. We talked for-ever, and I felt that he meant well and was truly interested in wanting to meet someone. During our date, I was showing off my awesome new touch screen phone with scrolling phonebook. As I was showing this off, the phonebook landed on “Jared match.” It took Daniel about 2.5 seconds to make a comment that I was going out with other people. I responded with, “Well, I expect that from other people, too. I think that’s the good part of match, you can go out with different people until you find one that you want to date.” He informed me that he was only going for one girl and that one girl was me. Wowzer. I just about deleted every guy in my phonebook after he said that. If he wants me, he’ll come get me. Daniel made his declaration so let’s see if he follows through.

No comments:

Post a Comment