Friday, January 7, 2011

Physically Mis-fit


Well, so much for a tie-dye flag—Jeff’s flag is on fire at this point, and it’s about to burn to ash. My decision to not spend New Years Eve with Jeff, but to instead go out with my guy bestie was apparently not so good. While I danced and partied the night away at a fancy hotel in D.C., I missed out on the chance to get wild at Clyde’s. Yup, Clyde’s restaurant. My friend and I shared a midnight kiss, but I learned that Jeff shared an all-night makeout session with some hussy from the bar. Great. That’s so very helpful in setting the framework for a strong, trusting relationship. He was somehow surprised that I wasn’t cheering for him when he told me he was in a liplock with someone else. Jeff’s feeling of freedom that night led to a conversation about whether or not we would be/should be exclusive.

We both agreed that we enjoyed each other’s company, but I complained that he never actually took me out. We always hung out at his house. I jokingly asked, “Are you ashamed to take me out in public?” His response? In short, his response was, “Yes!” In long, his response was that my pants weren’t tight enough, and he didn’t like that I didn’t wear make-up. He believed that since I didn’t wear make-up, I must have low self-confidence. “That’s funny,” I told him. “I feel that I’m soooo confident in myself that I don’t need to hide behind make-up to be beautiful. I’m naturally gorgeous!” I may have paraphrased slightly here, but that was the gist of what I told him. He understood my point, but still held strong that he liked girls who are a walking ad for MAC. I should’ve seen this coming from our first meeting when he said he likes girls who take care of themselves. But still, I couldn’t believe he actually didn’t want to bring me out in public because my pants are a little big and I prefer to show off my natural beauty?! What. A. Fool. There were some other minor details about him (he was divorced, cheated on his wife, has two young children, and isn’t college educated) that may have gotten in the way at some point, but it bothers me that I was willing to look past that yet he was hung up on stupid things like clothes and make-up. I need to get a better filtration system, like a Brita but for prospective dates. I should’ve trusted my gut when he disclosed all of his top qualities for a girl, and they were all physical ones.

I’ve already hit up the match search, but it’s still taking a couple days to get anything worthwhile going. Jeff and I were actually supposed to talk again after we both had time to think. He said he would call. I’m not surprised that he hasn’t; I’m almost more surprised that I still think there are good guys out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment