Thursday, October 20, 2011

Nick At Night

With Jeremy’s birthday having been last week, he received tickets to a Caps’ game and sooo…you guessed it—we got to go out! I do realize that he could’ve gone with any of his buddies so I’m definitely appreciative that he’d bring me instead. I’ve been to a few hockey games, and while I don’t particularly care for the sport, I do enjoy any live sporting event. The only snag in this fairy tale is that I had gotten sick, and the arctic temperatures of the ice rink were not helping. As the night went on, my coughing was almost louder than the screams of the fans. Jeremy kept making snotty comments that I wasn’t standing up and cheering. I did my best to use my scratchy voice to yell at him that I wasn’t feeling well and certainly didn’t feel like standing to cheer. I think he thought I was hating being there and that I was giving him an attitude, but it became quite clear to him and those around us that I was dying. He offered to leave the game early which was quite sweet, but I told him I’d be fine for the whole game.

The final buzzer sounded and we made our way for the exits. As the herds made their way down the stairs, Jeremy said he had to stop in the bathroom. Using my awesome crowd-clearing elbow skills, I made a path for us. As I was walking, I saw him…Nick! Of COURSE I would see the guy I reeeaaallly like while I’m out with a guy I maybe like. The Boston hunk was just a few feet away and only a small crowd separated us. Just seeing Nick through all those people made me feel better. I thought Jeremy was going into the bathroom so I gave a quick wave and cut off the stream of people coming towards me. Nick noticed me coming and scooped me up for one of the best hugs I’ve ever had. If only a kiss had followed…that really would’ve been good! And trouble. But anyway, he knew I had a thing for baseball and football, but was surprised that I’d be at a hockey game. “What, are you here on a match date?” Nick asked. Wow, he knows me well. We talked for a little bit and it was amazing. That feeling that I’ve been wanting to feel again comes with Nick. It doesn’t come with Jeremy. Nick said he’d sent me some messages, but never heard back. Umm, yeah, if he had messaged me, contact would have been reciprocated. I’m not sure if he’s lying or not, but I won’t dwell on it. Seeing him made me happy enough.

And then Jeremy was there. Oh yeah, Jeremy. I turned around to go find him near the bathroom, but was surprised to see him just a few feet away, staring, watching the exchange between Nick and I. Yikes! Slightly awkward. He didn’t ask who I was talking to, and I didn’t offer to tell him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment