Saturday, July 10, 2010

The D Word: Dating

College is over, student teaching is almost finished, and now that I have the entire summer to find a guy, I don't know where to begin. Knowing that my upcoming career as an elementary school teacher is predominently staffed with women, I wondered how I would go about meeting someone to date. Dating. It was an unfamiliar word to me.

Throughout high school I was never that girl that had boyfriends, or even who had guys interested. Only when I started working at a restaurant when I was 16 did I start gaining some male attention--the problem was that these males were all at least in their 20s, not very educated, and spent their time drinking beers at the bar where I was working.

In college, I didn't want to waste my time on those guys. There were some who seemed decent, and I didn't have any troubles meeting guys in college, but quite frankly, I didn't trust 'em! I dated maybe three guys during my time in college, but none of them lasted more than six weeks. Six weeks would be the magic number. And now, with a summer ahead of me, I still come back to the same question: Where and how will I ever meet someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment