Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Search Is On!

My profile is all set up and now I feel like the new kid in school, trying to learn the ways of online dating. But being the new kid, apparently, has its benefits: you get all the attention! One of the search options allows you to specify new members, and this is helpful to me because I will turn up in that search which has a smaller amount of girls, whereas if a guy is searching for a 5'5" brown haired girl, I'm sure there are many more results. I was pretty surprised to find the high level of interest I received right away. Winks are more common, but 10 emails were already waiting for me a day after I started.

Now, yes, I understand that the girl likes to be pursued and we should "wait" for the guy to come to us. But really, I've got hundreds of guys that fit some part of my criteria just a click away and I'm supposed to sit back and see if any of them bite my line? I'm getting to work to find a guy. I've started playing around with different ways of searching, but the physical aspects I am definitely including are at least 5'10" and darker hair (or a bald head~and not the old man bald, but the hot total head is bare bald). Even though there is an option to specify salary range of my potential mate, I am staying away from that--for now.

The tricky part of where I live, in Northern Virginia, is that my restriction of finding someone 10-15 miles away, means that Maryland is included. But 10-15 miles turns into a 45 minute drive (at least!) because of the constant traffic. And sorry, I just can't deal with that. It also includes Washington, D.C. I do not drive in the city. Ever. I wish there was a way to exclude these two places from the search results but there is not. It's taking more time than I anticipated to weed through all the prospects, but I'm ready to find one, or five, to start talking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment