Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Great Debate


Create a profile. Your profile is like the eye contact you give to the guy across the bar. It's the chance to get yourself noticed and to grab his attention so he'll look a little more. The first part was easy--selecting information about your hair color, eye color, height, location, all the boring but might-be-important-to someone stuff. The body type category is a killer. My predetermined choices range from slender to heavyset. I can get rid of the two extremes because I know I'm not either of those. The great debate was whether or not to put myself as athletic and toned, about average, or curvy. I told myself that I work out too hard to be about average. Now, am I curvy or athletic and toned? I think I have some curves, but what did they mean by curvy? My mind goes to girls with bigger hips, a real womanly figure. I’m kind of like that. I think. I’ve also been told that I have the body of a runner and runners aren’t curvy so then maybe I’m athletic and toned. I felt comfortable with the athletic part, but consenting to “toned” made me nervous. What if these guys think I have a six pack on my stomach with tight thighs and all? When it came down to it, I decided to be a swindler. I realized that every guy desired the “athletic and toned” body type, so in order to show up in their searches, I went ahead and selected athletic and toned.

It took some time, but, with my snazzy writing skills, the rest of my profile fell into place. I kept it brief, but gave enough of a glimpse about myself that the guys could get an idea. Plus, who really cares about the words, it's all about the pictures. I browsed through all of my picture folders in search of flattering but realistic photos of myself. I cropped out whoever may have been with me in the photos and uploaded them. I debated whether or not to put up the picture of me in my Gold Digger Halloween costume. It was a hilarious play on words costume, but I am half worried that guys might have the wrong idea from it. Oh well, if they can't appreciate my humor then I don't want them anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment