Monday, August 23, 2010

Awkward Landing


Surprisingly, the stars aligned and A and I were able to meet up while we were both in D.C. We went to Fly Lounge which is designed to look like you’re in a plane. How clever! Every so often, there would be a giant puff of smoke that would engulf you in an effort to be clouds. The cloud was a tad suffocating, but the idea was neat. A is tall and a pretty big guy, but definitely my type. He was quick to head towards the bar and get us drinks. The place was crowded and loud, and I’m not so sure I’m a fan of that anymore. I met some of his friends that were there, and conversation was at a minimum because it was just too darn loud to hear anyone say anything. We knew we would see each other the next night when we went out to a restaurant and not a plane so I wasn’t worried that we couldn’t talk all that much. After a couple hours, we left to walk to A’s car so he could drop me back at my hotel.

The next night, we went out to Rosa Mexicano in the city. A informed me that he frequented the place a lot, and he appeared to be buddy-buddy with the bartender. She gave me a look that told me he had brought other girls there, too. Whatever, I told myself. It was a good meal, at a nice place, and I was getting the chance to see the city—something I probably would never do if I hadn’t met him. It’s also nice that A is doing quite well in the financial department. It helps that he doesn’t have any kids to take care (none at least that I know of) so what better way to spend his money than on me?! Well, probably me and all those other girls he’s bringing to Rosa Mexicano. After dinner, we went to a couple other bars in the area, and even though we talked during dinner, the rest of the night I felt like he wanted me to be a mute. I was confused why he would bother going out with someone if you’re not going to talk to them, so the next day, I called him. Um, AWKWARD! He clearly sticks to gchat for a reason. The conversation didn’t last long…I guess he’s not looking for anything serious? If he wants to go out again, I’d go. He may not be the most interesting company, and he may have more than just one girl on his gchat list, but who knows where else he’ll take me! I can always go out with him, and another guy who's more serious, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment