Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gee, Chat Me Up In Person, Please!


As I’m getting more comfortable with match.com, I’ve been trying some different things. I’ve wondered if there’s a difference in reaction to a wink or a message? I usually prefer a message because, let’s face it, they’re the ones who have to do the most thinking in getting the conversation started. Apparently, I’m horrendous at this because I never get a response to a message. If I wink, though, I will either get a wink back or a message will come. I thought I was pretty good at crafting the first round of emails, but I guess not. I’ll stick with winking. I’ve tried to be diplomatic and give some sort of response to everyone, but it’s getting to be too much. And really, a lot of these guys don’t respond to me either, even if they are the ones who initiate the conversation!


With D out of the picture, and thank goodness because those AIM conversations were getting to be a bit juvenile, I’m open to my other choices. I’ve been talking with A, and by talking I mean gchatting (wait, wasn’t I just happy to be done with D’s AIM conversations? Now I’ve graduated to talking through an email system??). Gchatting is the impersonal alternative to actual conversation, and even though I’m slightly annoyed that he won’t have a brief convo on the phone, I’ll reassess his worth after meeting him. For now, we’re planning on meeting up this weekend when we will both be in D.C. with friends. It’s not a for sure thing, but an if-it-works-out-that-way thing. Hmm, I wonder what A will do in person when he actually has to use his mouth to talk to me and not his computer keyboard??



No comments:

Post a Comment