Thursday, August 19, 2010

So Many Strikes But We're Not Bowling!


So D and I have been communicating for some of the time that C and I were talking. He looks good in his pictures and is tall. Yay! A lot of our conversations take place on AIM, which I guess is fine because unless I really like talking to you, then I don’t really enjoy phone conversations. He sent me a link to a website about the graduate program he’s doing. There was a section with a brief biography about him. I appreciated that he did this because it helps me know that he’s not some weirdo who made up all this stuff. Well, he still, technically could be a weirdo but for the most part he seems genuine.

~~A few days later~~

D and I got together for dinner and a couple drinks. During dinner I was having some issues eating my salad elegantly. He made a comment, implying that I was eating like a pig. That was strike one. Actually, that probably counted for strike two, also. Oh, and even though he was tall and had a good body, his face was a little bit rough compared to how he looked in his pictures. I learned that if you care about how a person looks, which yes, I do care, then you’ve really gotta scrutinize their photos. This doesn’t mean you have to reject a person because they’re not a 10, but at least prepare yourself that they may not live up to what you want physically. Anyway, so after dinner we went back to his place, a fancy bachelor pad in a nearby city. I know I know, why was I going to this guy’s house when I barely knew him and when he already had two strikes against him? I’m learning as I go, and next time, if I’m not enjoying someone then I will find a way to scoot. Despite my protests he made me another drink. Count it as his third strike. Red flag? Probably. Again, I’m learning as I go. We watched a movie and concluded the evening with some kissing. The kissing was at least enjoyable, but not enough for me to want to see him again.

Three dates down and no keepers, but I’ve still got plenty of summertime left!


No comments:

Post a Comment