Monday, August 16, 2010

Where is the love? Not in D.C.!

The night had come. I would have to drive into D.C. For a date. With a guy I had only met once. But, I figured he had met my whole family on the first date so this seemed like a fair trade. Despite my mapquest directions taped to my dashboard, I still got lost on my way. Of course. I wasn’t surprised, I almost anticipated it so I had C on speed dial and called him in anticipation of my missteps. Only a few minutes behind schedule, I arrived at his apartment. He met me outside and we walked to a nearby restaurant for dinner. The weather was perfect so we sat outside at one of the sidewalk tables. Our conversation was easy which was to be expected since we had connected so well a few nights ago. Plus, I was realizing that he really was super cute; he had the most adorable smile. He may be short but his personal trainer body made up for it.

After dinner we walked back to his apartment to continue our conversation. I was enjoying getting to know him since I hadn’t had the opportunity much before with other guys. We shared a follow-up makeout sesh that was just as good as the first one. I thought things were going really well. [hint hint: this is where things turn bad]. Out of the blue, C turns to me and tells me that he’ll never fall in love with me. “Umm, okay? I’m not sure what to say,” I responded. He didn’t have much to add to the conversation after that; he knew what he wanted (someone to fall in love with) and he knew what he didn’t want (me). There wasn’t much reason to stick around after his declaration of independence from me so I left. He walked me to my car and I did tell him that if he wanted to be friends, I would be fine with that. He thanked me for being cool about the situation and seemed open to getting together again as friends.

What a pain, I drove all the way into D.C. just to be kicked right back to Virginia. Ugh, back to match.com to keep going with my search. I have been on match for about two weeks now and have only managed two dates. With two weeks left on my subscription, I’ve gotta get to work on my next dates! Even though C didn’t pan out as I would have thought, there is another guy. D. I’m learning to keep some guys on the back burner because you never know when the front flame is gonna go out!

No comments:

Post a Comment