Monday, September 26, 2011

Alcoholic Not Anonymous

I was a champ again Friday night and went out with him and his friends to a bar called “Where Everybody and Their Mother Goes To On A Friday Night.” I like low key and peaceful evenings, especially on a Friday after I’ve been sharing my “office” with 25-27 charming angels. Anyway, we escaped all of the people inside and grabbed a bunch of tables on the patio. I got my vodka tonic and talked with the nice roommate and some of Jeremy’s friends who were visiting from NJ. Finally, some Jersey blood! I tried making friends with the girls, but they were not the friendliest bunch. The girl I knew from high school was still the same space cadet that she was 8 years ago which probably explains why I was never really friends with her and why I have no reason to want to become friends with her. So, of course, I make friends with the boys. They’re way easier to get along with, no drama, and these were actually some pretty nice and funny guys.

While I was making friendly “getting to know you” conversation, Jeremy was off having a competition with himself about how much more alcohol he could consume that night as compared to last week. I have no tolerance for sloppy drunks. You’ve been drinking for at least 6 years if you’ve only started when you were legally allowed—you should know your own tolerance level by now. And if you don’t, well, I hope one of your boys will hold your hair back for ya because I’m not hangin’ around for that. I talked with him later about his drinking, asking him if he thinks he drinks an appropriate amount and he can handle himself, and basically his response was that he knows he drinks a lot but he likes to have fun. I’ve dated worse than someone who has a possible alcohol problem, and as long as he is willing to talk about it more then there still is hope that this will work out with Jeremy.  If he's closed off to the idea of readjusting his behavior, thennnnn there could be trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment