Monday, September 12, 2011

Too Normal?

Jeremy fit my criteria pretty well—you know, those qualifiers I so steadfastly held on to before I realized there really might not be a prince charming, or castle, or happily ever after. He was tall, brown hair, successful job, family in the area, and he really just seemed like a normal guy. That’s exactly what I wanted. I wasn’t looking for someone who had everything checked off on their list of things to do/see/places to go because that just makes me feel inadequate. Jeremy emailed me, and I was surprised that I had never seen him before. It didn’t take long for us to exchange numbers, and it didn’t take long for him to text me. The dreaded text. I don’t care if he is 27 years old and that’s the norm for people nowadays to use technology like that; it’s still no way to woo a lady. We “talked” for a couple days until I couldn’t take it anymore. I called him. I actually called him as I was on my way home from my date with Ben. Conversation was fine, and we realized that we would both be out in Arlington Saturday night. He thought it would be great to meet up while we were out. Umm yeah. I’m not really a fan of “meet ups” in crowded bars, after we’ve both been drinking, and where we will have to scream to hear each other. If I were ok with that, I’d already have met someone while I’ve been out at the bar. He was determined to meet up while we were out despite my “I really don’t think it’s a good idea, I’d rather wait and meet tomorrow” text message pleas. Finally, I told him I had left Arlington, which I really had. Apparently, wine and vodka don’t mix.

Yesterday we met at the beer-only Vienna Inn. He had some beers while I had a diet coke. Vodka still prevails for me! We hit it off pretty well. It felt natural talking with him, and there was a mutual interest in each other. The decision was that we will go out for dinner Wednesday because I…get ready for this…have another date tomorrow! Playa, playa! Of course Jeremy doesn’t know I have the date, and even if I do like Jeremy, I’ve learned that I can never count on anything panning out how one might think it will. So, Mark will have his shot tomorrow night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment