Thursday, September 22, 2011

No Playing Games--Except Baseball!

I loooove going to baseball games, and Jeremy really hit a homerun with this date. Well, it was a homerun that he didn’t pay for. He got Nats’ tickets from his company (wow, they give out free chocolate AND free baseball tickets?! I’m in the wrong career!) so it seemed like a good opportunity to get a baseball game in since the season is pretty much done. The seats were awesome, and the tickets came with money on them so we had some food, but more importantly, we had drinks. Jeremy watched his intake this time, and he was much more enjoyable. Usually preferring a calm and uneventful weekday evening, I’ve been going over to his house to hang out after work. One of his roommates is really great and super welcoming, but the other one is…oh, how do I put this delicately…he’s an a-hole. I’m not sure what it is about him, but I feel uncomfortable when he’s there. I feel like he’s thinking, ‘Why are you in my house?’ I tried being friendly and bubbly, but I simply don’t care anymore and really only make effort with the nice roommate. 

For once I feel like Jeremy isn't one to dip out on me and that he actually sees this going into a relationship. At least I think that's what's going on? I mean, let's get serious, I HAVE been out with almost 20 guys from match, and some of them I THOUGHT wanted something more substantial than just a few dates, but clearly I've been wrong. My track record isn't so good with reading guys. Or maybe they're just really good liars. Jerks. Anyway, thus is life and for now, mine will continue on with Jeremy.

On a random note, Jeremy and I actually have a mutual friend. One of his good friends from college is a girl I went to high school with. I was more acquaintances with her, but friendly enough that I’m sure it won’t be awkward at all when I go out with alllllll of them tomorrow. Again. On a Friday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment