Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tip Of The Cheap Iceberg

The free candy from work, the free baseball tickets from work, and now the free gift card to a restaurant—thank goodness for this company or Jeremy and I would have only made it out to our first date! Dinner was at a pretty nice restaurant, and it’s nice that Jeremy and I are really getting to be at a comfortable point. He “paid” for dinner, but then he spoke these words to me: “Oh, I don’t have cash. Can you pay for the tip?” Yeah, here’s a tip, buddy: BRING CASH and don’t make your date pay for anything! I’m not a total snot; I have paid for a guy before, but it was after a longer period of dating, and oh, I don’t know, he had actually spent some money as well on dates. I’m old fashioned and I believe the guy needs to woo the girl. Telling me I need to bust out my wallet on a date is not a good woo. His streak of freebies had made my antennae go up. I’m all for saving money, and I definitely get excited when I can get a $200 dress down to $50, but this was starting to turn me off. Maybe he was compensating for the amount of money he spends on alcohol and his Mercedes car payment? Anyway, I dug through my purse for my wallet and paid the tip. It just makes me wonder if this will be a lifetime of not being able to do things or go places unless he got something from work.

After dinner, we came back to my house to watch Glee because I was tired of driving out to his house all the time. I had sat in enough traffic, and while I’m not really a fan of my parents having to meet every guy I go out with, thems the breaks when I’m trying to save up for a real house. The meeting was totally fine; my parents are pretty used to it now. Jeremy and dad got along really well because they do similar things for work. My mom liked him because he’s Catholic and was an altar boy (coincidentally at the same church I “belong” to).  I do like Jeremy and he’s definitely that average, normal guy I wanted. I’m just still struggling with how much I really like him. It’s only been a few weeks, and maybe my whole idea of falling in love right away just isn’t supposed to happen. I’ve fallen in love quickly before and things never worked out so maybe it needs to grow over time. I’m open to the idea since I obviously haven’t been right before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment